Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1lb Chicken Breast
- 9 Tbsps. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. Water
- 2 Limes, Juiced
- 1 Tsp. Cornstarch
- ½ Tsp. Thai Chili Paste (use more for more spice)
- 2 Tbsps. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Cashews, Chopped (Set Aside ½ Cup to Use as Topping)
- 3 oz. Green Onions, Sliced (About 2-3 Whole Green Onions)
- Butter Lettuce Leaves for Wrapping (You Can Also Use Romaine)
- Cilantro, Chopped (Optional)
- Prepare the sauce: mix soy sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar, water, lime juice, cornstarch, chili paste, and honey in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large pan, bring water to a boil. Add chicken breast and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred and cut into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add the shredded chicken. Cook for a few minutes until heated.
- Next, mix in ½ cup of chopped cashews to the chicken and cook for a few minutes. Mix in the sauce and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Finally, add in the green onions.
- Remove the chicken mixture from heat and scoop into each lettuce leaf. Top with cilantro and cashews and serve immediately.