Okra and Corn Maque Choux
- 12 oz Smoked or Andouille Sausage
- 8 oz Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3- 15.25 oz Cans of Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
- ½ Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Sliced Fresh Okra, Cut into Coins
- 1 Cup Diced Baby Heirloom Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Add Cayenne Pepper for Extra Spice
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the sausage and brown for about 3 minutes.
- Pour the cooked sausage onto a plate and set aside
- Add the okra to the pan and cook until it begins to soften and brown. Set aside with the sausage.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add corn and tomato to the pan as well as the sausage and okra. Cook until everything is heated for about 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.