Jalapeno Mummy Poppers
- 10 Large Jalapeno Peppers
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- ¼ Cup Green Onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 6 oz Pepper Jack or Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Package Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Cooked Peas (For the Mummy Eyes)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wearing gloves, slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese, green onion, garlic powder, and cheddar/pepper jack cheese.
- Roll out the crescent rolls into rectangles and cut each rectangle into long pieces.
- Stuff each pepper with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each jalapeno half with the dough strips and make sure to leave a space for the eyes.
- Brush the dough with the eggs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and press the peas into the cheese where the opening is. Serve immediately.