Grilled Caprese Pizza
- Fresh Pizza Dough (you can typically purchase fresh dough in your local grocery store’s bakery department)
- Olive Oil
- 2-3 Heirloom Tomatoes, Thinly Sliced
- Fresh Mozzarella, Thinly Sliced
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Marinara/Pizza Sauce
- Preheat your grill on low-medium heat.
- Prep all of your toppings.
- Line a cookie sheet or pizza pan (about 14-16 in) with tin foil.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of your ball of pizza dough
- Using your fingers, stretch, shape and flatten the pizza dough onto the tin foil-lined pan until you have a nice round shape. Make sure that the dough is flattened evenly. You do not need to create a raised rim/crust.
- Place your shaped pizza dough directly on the grill grates (no pan) and cook for 5 minutes on each side on low-medium heat. Make sure you close the grill while you are cooking.
- Remove your cooked dough from the grill.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on your grilled dough.
- Next, add the mozzarella slices, tomatoes, and basil.
- Put the prepared pizza back on the grill and cook for about 7-10 minutes on medium heat. Make sure that the pizza is once again placed directly on the grill grates and that the lid is closed while cooking. Rotate the pizza every 2 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and enjoy!