Chinese Eggplant with Garlic Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 2 Chinese Eggplants, Cut into 2-inch Cubes (Discard Ends)
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger Root, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Green Onion, Chopped
- For Sauce: combine soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and water, and set aside.
- Soak eggplant pieces in a bowl of salted water for 15 minutes. Drain eggplant and pat dry.
- Coat eggplant with cornstarch.
- Place coated eggplant in a frying pan and cook with a drizzle of sesame oil for 3 to 4 minutes per side until tender and golden.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another drizzle of sesame oil to the pan.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add eggplant back into the pan with the garlic and ginger.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over the eggplant mixture and cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped green onions and serve.