Baby Zucchini and Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Green Bell Peppers, Diced
- 8oz White Onion, Diced
- Chicken Breast, Cut into 1” Chunks
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Baby Zucchini, Sliced
- 1-15.25 Oz. Can Corn, Drained
- 1-15.5 Oz. Can Black Beans, Drained
- 1-14.5 Oz. Can Diced Tomatoes, Do Not Drain
- 1-1oz Package Taco Seasoning (You Can Also Make Your Own)
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese, Shredded
- ¼ Cup Green Onions, Diced
- ¼ Cup Cilantro, Chopped
Bowl Base Options:
- Brown or White Rice
- Spaghetti Squash
- Shredded Lettuce
- Avocados, Sliced
- Baby Heirloom Tomatoes, Quartered
- Sour Cream
- Jalapeno Peppers, Sliced
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat.
- Add garlic, pepper, and onion to the skillet and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Move veggies to the side and in the same skillet, add the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Drain any excess water or fat from the pan and stir in zucchini, corn, beans, canned diced tomatoes and taco seasoning. Cover the mixture and cook for 10 minutes.
- Next, add cheese and top with green onions and cilantro.
- Add base (rice, lettuce, spaghetti squash, or quinoa) to a bowl.
- Next add veggie and chicken mix.
- Finally, top with fresh tomatoes and sliced avocados.