- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Carrots, Diced (we prefer our gourmet baby carrots!)
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Cup Celery, Chopped
- 7 ¼ Cups Water
- 3 Chicken or Vegetable Bouillons
- 1- 28 oz Can Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
- 3 Cups Yukon Gold Potatoes (about 4 potatoes), Peeled and Cut into Chunks
- 4 Baby Zucchinis, Chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 Can Kidney Beans, Drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ Cups Fresh French Beans, Cut into Thirds
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Peas
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery and until tender.
- Next add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds longer.
- Add in bouillon, water, tomatoes, potatoes, zucchini, bay leaves, thyme, basil, and beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the French beans, corn and peas and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve hot.* You can add any vegetables you have on hand or substitute for any listed.