Mediterranean Vegetable Couscous
- 4 Baby Carrots, Halved Lengthwise and Thinly Sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 2 Baby Zucchini, Halved Lengthwise and Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion, Cut into Chunks
- 1 (15.5oz) Can Chickpeas, Rinsed and Drained
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons, Juiced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Turmeric
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Ground Coriander
- ½ Cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 Cups Pearled Couscous
- 1 (14.5oz) Can Chicken Broth
- Preheat oven to 475°F
- Toss the cut carrots, pepper, zucchini, chickpeas, and onion with olive oil, season with salt, and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, lightly coat the almonds with olive oil and toast in a pan until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tbsp of olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, and ¼ tsp. of salt. Set aside.
- Place chicken broth, ½ tsp salt, and turmeric in a medium sized pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the couscous into the boiling chicken broth, cover, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Pour the couscous into a large bowl and add in the roasted vegetables, chickpeas, and almonds.
- Add the lemon dressing and coat evenly. Serve warm.