Pesto Chicken Kabobs with
Baby Heirloom Tomatoes
- 6-8 Baby Potatoes
- ½ Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Pesto (store bought will work just fine if you are in a hurry!)
- 2 Lbs. Chicken Breast, Cut into 1 1/4-in Pieces
- 1 Pint Baby Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 Large Green Pepper, Kabob Cut
- ½ White Onion, Kabob Cut
- 6 Wooden or Metal Skewers
- Cut the baby potatoes in half and add to a microwave safe dish with water. Cover and microwave on high for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and can be pierced with a fork. Uncover, drain, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, potatoes, and pesto. Marinate for about 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Thread the chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, green peppers, and onions, onto the skewers.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add skewers to grill. Turning occasionally, cook for about 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink inside.