- 1 Cup of Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2.5 Cups Flower
- 1/3 Cup of Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tsp. Lime Juice
- 2 Tsp. Lime Zest
- 1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine 2 teaspoons of lime juice with the milk and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and ¾ Cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, milk mixture, and lime zest.
- Blend the flour mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Drop in spoon fools onto an ungreased baking sheet, keeping them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until just barely browned on the bottom.