Baby Zucchini Taco Boat Bites
6 Baby Zucchinis, 5 to 6-inches long, 1 1/2-inches thick
½ lb. Lean Ground Beef
1 Taco Seasoning Packet
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Diced Tomatoes (for topping)
Shredded Lettuce (for topping)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown meat, mix in taco seasoning and fallow instructions on packet
- Halve the zucchini lengthwise and using a teaspoon, scoop out most of the pulp from the zucchini halves. Place in a 9 x 9-inch (or similar size) baking dish sheet coated with cooking spray or on a tinfoil-lined cooking sheet
- Add the extra zucchini pulp to the meat mixture and let simmer
- Drizzle the halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Scoop the browned meat into the zucchini halves, cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove foil, sprinkle each zucchini half with cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted
- Remove and sprinkle with lettuce and diced tomatoes and serve!